pdfpcrc - pdfpc configuration file
(1) first reads its system-wide configuration file, followed by the
user-specific one if it exists.
The following commands are accepted:
- bind <key> <func> [<arg>]
- Bind a key to a function, passing a specified argument for functions which
- unbind <key>
- Unbind the given key
- Clear all the key bindings
- mouse <button> <func>
- Bind a mouse button to a function
- unmouse <button>
- Unbind a mouse button
- Clear all the mouse bindings
A list of all possible functions can be obtained via the -L command line option
Some permanent changes can be configured via the config file. The syntax is:
- option <option_name> <option_value>
The following option_name's are recognized:
- Add an additional black slide at the end of the presentation (bool,
Default is false).
- Percentage of the height of the presenter screen to be used for the
current slide (int, Default is 80).
- Percentage of the presenter screen to be used for the current slide (int,
Default is 60).
- see pdfpc(1)
- see pdfpc(1)
- Do not automatically detect type (pen or eraser) of tablet input devices
(bool, Default is false).
- Disable scrolling events on the presenter window (bool, Default is
- Try loading video subtitle files automatically. For each video media,
pdfpc will append ".srt" to the media URI and attempt to load a
subtitle file (in the SRT format) from that location (bool, Default is
- Dual-monitor full-screen window placement is a tricky business. Some
window managers (e.g., FVWM) ignore the placement if made before the
window is shown. This option enables a workaround (bool, Default is
- Percentage of the height of the presenter screen to be used for the next
slide (int, Default is 70).
- Minimum width for the overview miniatures, in pixels (int, Default is
- Set the pointer color. Can be a literal color name or a #rrggbb
representation (default is red).
- Set the pointer opacity in percent (int, default is 50).
- Set the initial pointer size, in pixels (int, default is 10).
- Screen to be used for the presentation (output name, see e.g. "xrandr
- Screen to be used for the presenter (output name).
- Switch the presentation and the presenter screen (bool, Default is
- Display the current time instead of the timer
- Enable color hints of the timer, continuously indicating whether the
presentation is progressing according to the expected pace (bool, Default
is true). See the timer operation description in
- Show the toolbox on startup (bool, Default is false).
- Set the toolbox direction. LtoR, RtoL, TtoB, or BtoT for the
left-to-right, right-to-left, top-to-bottom, or botton-to-top,
respectively (Default is LtoR).
- Set the initial toolbox state minimized (bool, Default is false).
Key names can be obtained with the help of the xev utility. Note that names are
case sensitive. Modifiers can be specified in the form <mod>+<key>
where <mod> is one of S (for shift), C (for control) and A/M (for
bind S+Next next10
A shorthand for specifying key combinations constituting shift and an alphabetic
character is to simply give the uppercase version of the alphabetic character.
For example, to bind <shift>+r to the 'reset' function, use
bind R reset
To always activate the black-on-end option, one could add the following to the
option black-on-end true
System-wide configuration file
User configuration file (if $XDG_CONFIG_DIR is not set,
$HOME/.config will be used).